Friday, July 14, 2006

Christmas in July

If you haven't been over to Full Metal Photographer this week, you've been missing out on Christmas in July, where I posted Christmas and winter themed images all week.

You've also missed my announcement that I've begun to make some of my photos available to stock agencies on a royalty-free basis.

Everyone should check out Fotolia. Photos are available for download there for a dollar or two, and when you do it you get broad rights to use those images. You could use them as a desktop background or even make your own prints. (Of course, you can't resell the prints.)

I have several of my shots available there, including some of my most popular ones:
Lime Fizz over Blue
Lime Fizz over Red
Lime Fizz over Green
Berry Blue Kool-Aid with Twizzler Straw
Orange-Lime
Lemon-Lime
Lime over White
Untitled
Untitled
The One Ring
Frosted by Sioux Falls

Also, for all you photographers out there, you should look into making some of your images available on Shutterstock as royalty-free stock photos. Their system caters to bulk buyers, as they charge membership fees--encouraging people to download many images. You get $0.25 per download, and in the first couple hours after my images were approved I made one sale. We'll see how profitable it gets to be as I make more shots available.

No comments:

Post a Comment