Monday, June 03, 2013

Lair of the Minotaur: Godslayer (EP 2013)

More, Please

Review by Metallattorney. He is the law.

I have been a big fan of Lair of the Minotaur since I first heard their War Metal Battle Master album. Since then I have been able to track down most of their releases. LotM have not released a new full-length since 2010. I suspect this short EP was released to keep the fans happy while continuing to wait for the new release. This EP was released as part of this year's Record Store Day, an event which I have unfortunately never been able to attend as I do not live within two hours of any independent record store.


This is a very short EP, featuring only two songs and clocking in at less than nine minutes but it exhibits all of the best characteristics of LotM. The riffs are fast with a lot of bottom end and the sound bears no small resemblance to a runaway train. It just steamrolls the listener into submission, but that is all part of the fun.

Of course they slow things down a tad at points with some ridiculously heavy riffing and the frantic howls of Steven Rathbone.

All in all this is exactly what I expect from a Lair of the Minotaur release and I am definitely looking forward to more.

THE VERDICT
I give this EP 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star because it is too damn short.

No comments:

Post a Comment