Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Odd Thoughts

This was on my desk calendar on the 19th under the heading “Under Oath:”
Δ: I remember when I was in your courtroom in 1956 when you was a municipal judge.
Judge: I don’t think we should go into that.
Δ: Not guilty too.
Judge: Well, we all make mistakes, sir, but you didn’t make one.
Δ: Well, you made one. I was guilty.

An odd thought occurred to me this morning. We should change the terminology for right-handed and left-handed. Instead, we should call them pick-handed and fret-handed.
It would sound something like this:
1: “Why do you wear your watch on your pick wrist?”
2: “Oh, I’m fret-handed.”
1: “So, how do you play guitar?”
2: “I pick with my fret hand, and fret with my pick hand.”
1: “Weird.”
2: “Yeah.”
1: “So, um . . . which hand do you use to . . . you know?”
2: “No, I don’t know. You’re going to have to be much more explicit.”
1: “I don’t feel comfortable with this conversation anymore.”

2 comments:

  1. COMMENT'D!!!!

    Obviously you would use the fret hand to.... you know... You see, the fret hand is just better at that motion than the pick.

    I also don't feel comfortable with this conversation anymore, which means I've done my job.

    Check out the blog @ khorbin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to link to mine too, sucka.

    ReplyDelete