Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Wanted Awakening: Rebirth (2011)

Summary Judgment

A Wanted Awakening describe themselves as a "melodic deathcore" band from Massachusetts. They asked me to review their new EP, Rebirth, and I warned them that I've never said anything positive about deathcore. They asked me to go ahead anyway.

I warned them.

The first time I listened to it, I got to the 1:09 mark in the first song, and turned it off. You see, I usually listen to an album at least three times before writing a review, but I decided I'd just put it off until I was ready to listen to it just once and then write the review.

I then started listening again, a few days later, and got to the 2:20 mark in the second song.

You see, we have nasally metalcore vocals, a guy who sounds like he needs to take laxatives because he's straining too hard, gang vocals, boring riffs, guitar nonsense that doesn't even qualify as riffs, and that's about all I can take. This doesn't even have any of the positive aspects that I did find when I reviewed Whitechapel or The Famine. Those were just boring, but this is annoying.

I find that a full trial is not necessary to issue judgment against the band in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment