Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sioux Falls

Now that I've lost your attention, it's time to post some pictures I took at our honeymoon location of Sioux Falls, in order to regain your attention. These were all taken by me with a new Canon Powershot A520, which is very good for what it can do.
The first time we went to the park was at night to see the Christmas lights.



Since it was about 1 degree Fahrenheit, I didn't feel like getting my tripod out, so that's the only pic that turned out from that. But then the next day, I took many more.











The next one is my favorite. I call it "Frosted by Sioux Falls."



And, of course, the obligatory "take a picture of your family in front of the landmark" scene.



All images © 2006 Kelly Hoffart

3 comments:

  1. i got a new camera for Christmas, also. It's a Kodak easyshare digital. My first digital. I don't know why it took me so long to get one. Well, i was being resistent to change.
    I'm sold on the digital now.

    Nice pictures. In my opinion snow & freezing weather is best enjoyed as a picture. I like a more temperant climate.

    Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It really does look dang cold. Like the inside of a freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was about 12 degrees out during the day, so yes, I believe that is like the inside of a freezer. Could be colder than that. But it wasn't that bad. As long as the wind's not blowing then anything down to 10 is pretty tolerable for a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete