Friday, September 16, 2005

Shocking News (and watch out for those energy drinks)

Some also noticed that Vega had been taking numerous power drinks that were loaded with caffeine.
"He'd had about six, and he said am I all right. My head is buzzing, am I all right? And right up to the last moments, before he ran off, he was asking for help," says Mawre.

Then, he went into K-Mart, grabbed a shotgun and shells, and blew his own brains out.
Watch out for those energy drinks.

Victorian authorities believe a man built up at least 30,000 volts of static electricity in his jacket simply by walking around the western Victorian city of Warrnambool yesterday.
The man left a trail of scorch marks and molten plastic behind him.

Then he melted carpet and got a shock that sounded like a firecracker. I don't know if I believe this story, but it is on ABC News Online.
The CFA has Mr Clewer's jacket and says it is continuing to give off voltage.

In more squirrel news, a Czech town spent about $12,000 to build a bridge for squirrels to cross the road.

A gold chain and crucifix melted around his neck when a lightning bolt struck Jason Crawford in the head while he and his brother were riding dirt bikes in Gunnison County.
The bolt melted part of his helmet, fractured his skull and left burn scars on his chest and left arm.

I guess lightning is just one more reason to wear your helmet while riding a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment