Sunday, April 10, 2011

Metal Art: Antichrist Kramer

When I was in high school, I would draw the occasional picture with disturbing content. I remember one occasion in particular where I drew an elaborate arrangement of skulls and occult paraphernalia, implying some kind of demonic ritual. My teacher in that class (who was also a regular usher at my church) saw it and understandably had a concerned look on his face. It's not that I was serious about it, but it was cool to think about it and design it. Maybe that's how cults get started.

Antichrist Kramer's (or Antichristian Kramer) art has that kind of feel to it: fantastic skulls and evil stuff, drawn up completely out of the imagination, suggesting deeper meaning that may or may not be there. His more recent stuff is even better, executed with the kind of baroque detail I've never had to patience to work into my own drawings.


Kramer's work also seems to include--at least sometimes--obfuscated terminology and poetry to go along with the pictures. Above is his work for Inquisition's Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm.


Inquisition: Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer



Inquisition: Nefarious Dismal Orations



Inquisition: Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult (2010 Reissue)



Vasaeleth: Crypt Born & Tethered to Ruin


The last two especially have that "drawn in a classroom over a period of many hours" kind of feel.

Legions of Astaroth: Rites of Somatic Death


Pseudogod: Two Nights of Supremacy and Witchcraft

1 comment:

  1. "Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult" is the one in there that really catches my eye. Cool looking stuff.

    ReplyDelete