Thursday, December 15, 2011

Promoter Exchange of 2011

This year, bands, labels, and promoters have taken some small notice of my blog. This has led to my discovering a lot of interesting new music. But it's also led to some much less interesting e-mail in my inbox. Here is my favorite exchange of the year (it literally made me laugh out loud), with the promoter's and band's names redacted:
Promoter: Afternoon Kelly,

Hope you are well. I'm currently working with the UK band **** who have previously toured with Limp Bizkit, Pendulum, Deftones and Serj Tankian.

They have just announced details on their brand new 5th album "*** *****" and I was hoping you might be interested in running the news up on your blog as well as featuring the track "* ***** ***" which is taken from the record.

If you need anything else then please let me know.

Thanks

FMA: Sorry, I don't generally do news; just reviews and editorials. Also, name-dropping Limp Bizkit is probably not a good idea generally.

Promoter: No problem. They've toured with Nickelback too but I took that out instantly.

All 2011 List Week Posts:

- The 5 Worst Metal Albums
- Top 5 Rejected Names for New Korn Album
- Best Metal Album Cover
- The 3 Most Controversial Albums in Metal
- The Top 5 Ways Classic Bands Will Shit on Their Legacies in 2012
- The Top 3 Non-Metal Albums
- The Top 3 Metal EP's
- The Top 8 Blog Posts on Full Metal Attorney
- The Best Metal Song
- The 2 Biggest News Items in My Personal Life
- The Top 25 Metal Albums: 25-11
- The Top 10 Metal Albums

No comments:

Post a Comment